Welcome to the Department of Apparel, Housing, and Resource Management
Improving Consumers' Lives through Design, Management, and Policy
The Department of Apparel, Housing, and Resource Management (AHRM) is a dynamic and student-focused department with a mission to improve the lives of individuals, families and the broader community by incorporating consumer, business, and design perspectives in our various undergraduate program areas. These undergraduate program areas are Apparel Product Development and Merchandising Management, Housing, Residential Property Management, and Consumer Studies.
Our programs offer many student learning opportunities including design studios, "real-world" projects, internships and undergraduate research. We also provide events where students can interact with industry professionals through study tours and on-campus visits by nationally recognized speakers.
The AHRM Department is in the College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences.
Check out our web site to learn more about the AHRM Department, our faculty and staff, our programs, the support and offerings we have for students, our scheduled events, and news and updates.
You can also find us on YouTube and Blogspot (click the image below):
- Dr. Rosemary Goss recognized for Outstanding Advising by NAAA
- Meredith Cahill - Ut Prosim Spotlight
- Housing faculty members win national award
- Alumni tailors giving to support textiles education, (pg 32)
- Apparel Program Attains World Ranking
- Fashion Show Review - Collegiate Times
- FMDS 2014 Fashion Show,
April 30, 2014, 8:00pm,
Squires Commonwealth Ballroom
- FMDS Pre-event Urban Jungle Video
- Bob Bentel - German Housing Markets, April 23, 2014, 4:00pm
Virginia Bioinformatics Institute Auditorium